Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Turkish Airlines - Flight 1978

I had the aisle seat and shared the row with a Turkish national (who had the window seat), flying home to show off his 6 months old son to his family. His baby boy, whose entire body occupied the center seat, was adorable.... the kid was amazing the whole flight, but credit must be given to his pops, he some how managed to entertain that little guy the whole way through.

Little man was so adorable that multiple people walked by and smiled, caressed his head and commented to his pops. It's sorta interesting to me to notice the cultural difference here, I mean, people always say Aiden (my nephew) is so cute - which he totally is.. but I've never seen a stranger walk by and like caress the little fella, it was nice!

So at one point, the dude lifts his boy up and smells his bum, seems like little man had done his business. So dude asks if I could let him through to change the lads diaper... I move and their off... Upon their return, things were a bit complicated as the gent was holding little man, and trying to navigate through the tight leg room of a modern airplane to get to his seat. I offered to hold the little guy while dude settled himself.... As soon as the hand off occurred, the little man started balling, and didn't stop till we landed...

I typically think that i'm good with kids, and kids generally hang out with uncle armin, but this little dude was having none of it...

No comments: