Saturday, October 11, 2008

En route to Kub's cousins

Kubs did her magic to hail us a cab, but this was a bit complicated... Not any cab would work, we needed a cab that could support our 5 deep, and Christine's suitcase..

We started our journey to Kub's cousin's place.

During the ride, we caught up on Politics, discussed the trips: Chris had gotten sick; Christine had been commuting for hours..

At one point, looking out of the window I was convinced that I saw a dude climbing into somebody's balcony. I was convinced it was legit, cause I could swear that he turned and faced us (not sure why I thought that, we weren't the only car in the road, and he most certainly didn't hear us). Anywhoo, Nurdan later corrected me by saying that it was some sort of an advertisement for an insurance company!

The taxi drivers take 3 different kinds of currency (and perhaps more)... Dollars, Euro and TRY (new Turkish Lira).

No comments: